Thursday, September 25, 2014

We Meet Again as Sisters




okay, confession, I don't think I knew this song even existed until three minutes ago. But, hey, lds.org is great like that and has an awesome search feature and all of the hymns have a music and vocals feature so we can learn new songs and find new blog titles to match the thoughts in your head. See, the church really can solve all problems(:


Today on my Facebook I saw something that hit me hard. It was this:




In case those words are too small for you, here is Elder Hollands letter to you.

Dear Sisters:As the general women’s meeting approaches, I have thought a lot about you. I feel a tremendous sense of gratitude for the women in our families, our Church, and our communities. You all have your own needs and concerns, yet you reach out so compassionately to those around you. That is the true mark of discipleship.Life is not easy. Challenges can seem everlasting, but whatever your burdens—and no matter how frequent your challenges—Jesus Christ understands you. He can heal you from the wounds of life and help you bear your burdens. I hope and pray that our meeting together on September 27 will help you feel Christ’s true love for you. I will see you there.
Okay, how awesome is that? An apostle of the Lord, a special witness of Jesus Christ invited you and all of the women you know to the General Women's Meeting this Saturday. It is at 6:00 p.m. mountain daylight time (that means 8:00 EDT)

As I read Elder Hollands words I was overcome with a sense of awe. As women, we are powerful. Something that I struggled with when I first came out on a mission was the transition from young womens to Relief Society. I loved being part of young womens. I was part of something powerful, something with so much potential and ability to do good. As I attended the first General Women's meeting in March, I realized that that power and potential was not about being 12 to 18. It was about being a woman, a Daughter of God. Reading Elder Hollands letter I immediately thought about the numerous women in my life who exemplify this. I am truly honored and humbled to be able to join the throng of women and girls who gather this Saturday to worship, to love, and to feel God's love. I echo Elder Hollands promise that as we gather, burdens will be lifted.

As you listen to these messages on Saturday I hope that you will follow the promptings you receive to share your thoughts and the message of God's love. This meeting of sisters extends beyond just latter day Saint women and to all of God's daughters. Gather the women you love and admire and share this night with them and keep sharing your knowledge and goodness, because together, we will make all of the difference.

If you would like to attend with Sister Eastwood and I, we will be at the Morrisville meetinghouse at 8:00 p.m. or join us for Ice Cream before at 7.

6011 McCrimmon Parkway
Morrisville, North Carolina
(If that is a little too far for you, just know I will be thinking of you often as I watch(: )


here is that song: It is worth reading the words(:
https://www.lds.org/music/library/hymns/we-meet-again-as-sisters-women?lang=eng


Two articles about the broadcast! Read and share!
https://www.lds.org/church/news/leaders-hope-general-womens-meeting-strengthens-sisterhood?cid=HPWE092414438&lang=eng
https://www.lds.org/church/events/september-2014-general-womens-meeting?cid=HPTU092314434&lang=eng

No comments:

Post a Comment